St. Jude House is a safe emergency shelter and provider of services for victims of domestic violence and their dependent children. We provide housing, advocacy and compassionate assistance. Through educational programs we work to teach others to recognize the cycle of domestic violence, to empower them to break that cycle and to offer support and follow-up. In the spirit of the Franciscan Sisters of Chicago, we at St. Jude House are committed to offering love and hope in a healing and caring environment to each person that seeks shelter and/or services regardless of creed, gender, race or national origin.
Celebrate Life and Serve with Joy
- Respect – Reflect God in all we do.
- Dedication – Passionately carry forward this ministry entrusted to us.
- Stewardship – Responsibly use the gift of our resources.
- Joy – Giving from our hearts.
Believing that St. Jude House is a catalyst in transforming the lives of survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, we strive to:
- Provide comprehensive services to survivors of violence and their dependant children
- Empower our clients
- Strive to end the generational cycle of violence
- Develop community partners
- Increase funding streams
- Heighten visibility and differentiation of St. Jude House and our Mission